If you want to upgrade your PlayStation 3 (PS3) in a later version of your choice and without internet. Here is the tutorial which explains how to upgrade your PlayStation 3 (PS3) in a later version of your choice.
Follow these Steps:
- An USB stick or external HDD formated in FAT32.
- You must download the update PS3 on your computer. Depending on the version you want to install
- OFW 3.55 : DOWNLOAD
You are in 3.41: already good
You are in 3.55 official: already good
You are in CFW: return to OFW 3.55 (recovery mode)
You don't have a PS3 : Get out of here !
- Take your external USB device, create a folder "PS3".
- In the folder "PS3" Create a folder "UPDATE".
- Then paste in this folder "UPDATE" the file PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Connect your USB / hard drive and turn on the PS3.
- Select (Settings)> (System Update).
- Specify that you want to update via storage media (and not via the internet, otherwise you will have the latest version available, which corrects the jailbreak).
- Confirm the update.