As we all know that, Spotify is “the best desktop music player ever.” Spotify—have country restrictions, the revolutionary music service is only available for people located in Finland, France, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Fortunately, it's surprisingly easy to circumvent those restrictions. Now you can get it in the U.S also. Here's how you can get this great music service on your computer and on your iPhone/iPod Touch.
The video above will walk you through the whole process, but here are the basic steps you need to follow (using Spotify as an example):
- Sign out of your iTunes account and scroll to the bottom of the store. You'll see a little flag for your country. Click on it and you'll be able to change your country to the United Kingdom.
- Search for Spotify in the store and try to download it. You'll be prompted to create an account. It's important that you do it in this order or you will be asked to provide a credit card.
- Make a new account with a fake address. If you search for UK in Google Maps and then search for a fast food restaurant, such as McDonalds, you'll be able to get a full phone number and address that you can use. Enter all of that in to create your fake account and choose "None" as a payment method when prompted.
- iTunes will send you a verification email. Verify your email address and go try to download Spotify again from the iTunes App Store. This time it'll work.
- Now you need a Spotify account. Visit daveproxy.co.uk and enter http://www.spotify.com in the URL field. This will allow you to access Spotify through a proxy so it thinks you're in the UK.
- Sign up for a free Spotify account.
- Download Spotify and enjoy!