It is a unique starting point for users, allowing them to browse, search, access, purchase, stream or download and play any type of digital content. Customers can keep all their content purchase history in their MyLibrary section and share them across different Acer Group devices.
The unique alive interface will be pre-installed on all new devices or will be downloadable online by existing Acer Group customers and it will offer a unique user experience customized by device type. Starting from the initial version available to selected users in UK and Italy in December, alive will then be rolled-out in the first quarter of 2011
Alive addresses five key usages to embrace the whole digital universe:
- in the Listen section alive will offer music, audiobooks, radios, podcasts and other types of audio entertainment content
- in the Watch area alive will provide movies, TV series, TV Channels, video podcasts and other types of short videos, like Music videos
- in the Read section alive will deliver e-books, e-magazines and e-newspapers as well as single news, articles and blogs
- in the Play area alive users will be able to find games of any kind
- in the Application section alive will offer all the most common application categories, like Business & Finance, Lifestyle & Leisure, Learning, Travel & Navigation, Productivity, etc.